05/22/20 - NMDOT hiring temporary workers in Southeast New Mexico
ROSWELL – The health crisis brought on by COVID-19 has resulted in the loss of many jobs. The New Mexico Department of Transportation wants to provide financial stability and an opportunity for leadership during this difficult time.
04/21/20 - Pavement Improvement Sign replacement work begins on Sunspot Highway (N.M. 6563) near Cloudcrofts Coming to Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) in Clovis
CLOUDCROFT – The New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) will begin replacing aging signs and installing new specialty signs on the Sunspot highway (N.M. 6563) this month. The sign replacement project will take place on N.M. 6563 from mile marker 0 to mile marker 15 near the Sunspot Solar Observatory in Otero County. All work on this $123,000 investment is scheduled to be completed by late summer 2020.
04/17/20 - Work Zone Safety Awareness Week April 20-24th Chaves, Eddy, Lea, Lincoln, Otero, De Baca, Roosevelt, Curry, Torrance & Guadalupe Counties
ROSWELL – In recognition of National Work Zone Safety Week, the New Mexico Department of Transportation District Two wants to remind motorists in Southeastern New Mexico to use caution when traveling through work zones. This year National Work Zone Safety Week is being observed April 20-24, 2020.
03/03/20 - Pavement Improvements Coming to Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) in Clovis
CLOVIS – The New Mexico Department of Transportation District Two will improvement 1 mile of pavement along Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) in Clovis. The project includes 1 mile of pavement preservation work from mile marker 385 to mile marker 386, intersection improvements at Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) and 7th Street, and pedestrian safety improvements.
02/19/20 - N.M. 2 dedicated as “Mike Smith Highway”
DEXTER – A dedication ceremony was held Tuesday evening at Eastern New Mexico Fair Grounds dedicating N.M. 2 as the “Mike Smith Highway.” Representative Candy Ezzell, Chaves County Commissioner William Cavin, Municipality Representatives from Dexter, Hagerman, and Lake Arthur were all in favor of the name designation of the highway.
05/01/20 - NMDOT supports governor’s order to shutdown access to Gallup by providing detailed traffic control plan
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Department of Transportation has mobilized roadblocks to restrict traffic coming into Gallup in order to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the area. Gallup is located in McKinley County which now leads New Mexico in COVID-19 cases.
04/10/20 - Authorization to Allow Food Truck Service at Interstate Rest Areas During COVID-19 National Health Emergency
The Federal Highway Administration has authorized state Departments of Transportation to allow food trucks at interstate rest areas to support commercial truck drivers during the COVID-19 national public health emergency.
04/06/20 - NMDOT and the Archdiocese of Santa Fe discourage Good Friday Pilgrimages
The New Mexico Department of Transportation and the Archdiocese of Santa Fe are asking the faithful to stay home during Holy Week. While annual pilgrimages to El Santuario de Chimayo and Tome Hill are cherished, New Mexico traditions, the events have been cancelled due to health order to prohibit large gatherings.
03/31/20 - NMDOT discourages shopping in groups
The New Mexico Department of Transportation is advising people to shop alone to reduce the spread of COVID-19. “This is not a time for a social outing. Leave family members at home where they are safe,” Secretary Mike Sandoval said. “Please shop alone. Every time you leave your house you put your family and community at risk,” adds Sandoval.
03/25/20 - NMDOT supports travel restrictions on Pueblos and Reservations
As part of New Mexico’s response to limit the spread of COVID-19, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham announced a public health order on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. New Mexico residents have been instructed to stay home except for outings absolutely necessary for health, safety, and welfare.
03/13/20 - PUBLIC NOTICE: Notice of Meeting Cancelation
Due to the Department of Health issuing a public health order banning any gatherings of 100 people or more. The Public Meeting for Project A301445- NM14 Rehabilitation Project - has been canceled.
01/31/20 - NMDOT provides $1M to expand transit to New Mexicans in need
SANTA FE – Transportation Secretary Mike Sandoval has authorized spending $1 million from the State Road Fund to create a pilot program in 2020 to expand transportation services to transit-dependent populations and isolated communities.
01/28/20 - Bridge work begins on N.M. 108 in Curry County
TEXICO – The New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) is investing $4 million to replace the bridge on N.M. 108 near Texico in Curry County. Work includes replacement of the existing bridge, guardrail, traffic control, permanent signing and striping.
01/27/20 - Pedestrian Improvements and Bridge work coming to Artesia
ARTESIA – In order to improve pedestrian safety and mobility in the town of Artesia, the New Mexico Department of Transportation will begin construction on an American with Disabilities Act (ADA) pedestrian improvement project this spring on U.S. 285 from Hermosa Street to Richey Ave, as well as a bridge rehabilitation project along the corridor at the Eagle Draw Bridge.
01/14/20 - NMDOT and Safer New Mexico Now host Child Safety Seat Fitting Station in Hobbs
Hobbs, NM – The New Mexico Department of Transportation Traffic Safety Division (NMDOT TSD) and Safer New Mexico Now will host a Car Seat Inspection Clinic from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, January 17, 2020 at Walmart, 3800 N. Lovington Hwy., in Hobbs. This free educational event provides parents and caregivers the opportunity to receive “hands-on” instruction from newly nationally-certified child passenger safety technicians.
- - NMDOT and Safer New Mexico Now host Child Safety Seat Fitting Station in Carlsbad
- - NMDOT District 2 Celebrates Completion of U.S. 54/70 Corridor Improvements between Tularosa and Alamogordo in Otero County
- - Lincoln County residents invited to a public meeting regarding raised medians through the Town of Lincoln, Tuesday, November 5th
- - “Take a Ride on Us” Halloween Event
- - National Teen Driver Safety Week Oct. 20-27, 2019
- - Teens Witness DWI Court in School
- - NMDOT Announces New Safety Corridor on N.M. 128
- - Successful Car Seat Clinic Honors a Young Boy’s Life
- - Giant Lab rotor traveling through New Mexico
- - N.M. 128 acceleration/deceleration lane permit work starts this month in Lea County
- - State Transportation Commission Meeting in Jal Opportunity for Public Comment
- - Improvements are coming to the intersection of White Sands Boulevard and Indian Wells Road NMDOT is hosting a public meeting for community input
- - Special car seat clinic to be held in southeast New Mexico
- - NMDOT Supports Walk and Roll to School Day 2019
- - N.M. 532 (Ski Run Road) Safety Improvement Project Begins in Lincoln County Road Will Remain Open During Safety Improvement Work
- - U.S. 82 Tunnel Safety Inspection Scheduled for October 1st Otero County
- - ADA Pedestrian Improvements Scheduled to Begin In Lovington
- - NMDOT’s Aviation Division Joins the Experimental Aircraft Association for Land of Enchantment Fly-In
- - Today’s Learning, Tomorrow’s Leaders: NMDOT Aviation Division Participates in STEM Activities Steered Toward Transportation
- - NMDOT Promotes Traffic Safety at State Fair, Law Enforcement Day
- - NMDOT Sponsors Statewide Child Safety Seat Clinicv
- - NMDOT Aviation Division Encourages Future Aviators
- - NMDOT Brings Message to Eddy and Lea County Drivers to Discourage Distracted Driving NMDOT says, “Phone Down, Slow Down, Arrive Alive”
- - Labor Day Super Blitz and Saturation Saturday -- NMDOT, NM State Police and MADD Partner to ENDWI
- - South Y Detour opens this month in Carlsbad
- - Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over 2019
- - Hobbs Rapid Hire Event to Fill Vacant Positions in Hobbs, Jal, and Tatum
- - State Transportation Commission Meeting in Ruidoso Opportunity for Public Comment
- - US 54 & US 70 guardrail installation starts this summer
- - ADA Pedestrian Improvements Scheduled to Begin In the Village of Tularosa
- - School Zone Traffic Safety Reminders
- - I-25 Rio Bravo-Interchange Nearing Completion
- - July Safety Seat Inspections
- - Enjoy Your Independence Drive Sober or “Take a Ride on Us” NMDOT Partners to Offer Safe Rides over Fourth of July Holiday
- - New Mexico Airports Receive Second Round of Funding for Improvement Projects